Sunday, January 13, 2008

Still Thinking...

I've been away for some time now, all the while thinking about what my next entry should be about. my friends who are compelling, humorous writers are observer types. i, on the other hand, don't know if i'm too focused to make the 10-degree head tilt required to soak in the world around me OR, if I am so unfocused that I blindly go through life.

I'd like to stay off the spiritual for at least one entry. I'm not planning on analyzing why I'm so opposed.

Although a single, city girl I am, indeed, the last thing I'm willing to talk about right now is dating. It nauseates me. Distracts from my mystery. (Ha!) And for all the cloud-nine moments dating in Chicago leads to, the whole process is generally ... painful. What does not lead to success leads to experience...that's what someone recently told me. Still trying to figure out how that softens the pain.

I would talk about my intense fondness for my new neighborhood - the South Loop/Pilsen neighborhood - but I have yet to be able to describe in words how exactly this neighborhood is the only fulfilled aspect of my 5-year-old dreaming about urban adulthood

I'd discuss work. But, work is inherently a rollercoaster ride I only subject family and close friends to. How kind of me, right?

I'd discuss some great mishap but, I'm fortunate enough to have stayed mishap-free for 30 days and would rather relish it as opposed to reach back and remember any of it.

I'd discuss New Year's resolutions but mine remain the same each year...which is revealing enough.

I'd discuss my recent vacation to see a dear friend in Toronto. But, I don't welcome the scoff I'd get for taking a trip in early January to Toronto over somewhere like Clearwater, Florida. Nor, do I want to describe my friendship...some things are too precious to put into words.

I could discuss my latest movie rentals. But, they were each sad and the analytical reflection that ensued afterward is, once again, too personal and too painful for a blog.

So, I'm speechless (am I ever, really?)...and still without a blog entry.

2 comments:

~J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Dating sucks. That is all there is to it :(.

... hope to see you soon.

Jessica W