Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Made it on a Winter Weekend Get-Away

Living in the Midwest it's always a challenge to add pizzaz to the dreary months of November through May. If it's not rain, it's snow, not snow, it's wind, not wind, it's clouds and fog. Fortunately, Chicago offers lots to do...indoors. But, sometimes, you just have to get away.

That, my friends, is exactly what I did, albeit not to a dry, sunny place but, to another cloudy place - Roberts, WI - that was made sunny by time well-spent with friends.

Little broomball for folks...


...little hot air balloon festival in town.


And, a winter weekend getaway, is not complete without this....

that's right. a nap.

(I can't take credit for any of these pictures. While I brought my camera, I soon decided to leave the task to others who had big cameras, with lots of lens, and wore the thing like it was a 5th apendage.)

AND....on a completely unrelated note. Care of my friend, Anna. This Really? What the heck is this gal thinking. I would think this was all tongue-and-check but, the t-shirts? there is a line to tongue-and-cheek and I think she's crossed it. What do you think?

1 comment:

Mark Grapengater said...

I think I'd like her tongue in my cheek.

That's tongue in cheek.

Hope you had a good time in WI without me. I know that's hard.

Who's this Niaomi Price? She took all the good pictures.