Tuesday, February 3, 2009

1,000 Questions

Each year that-big-church-down-the-road as my once-pastor called it, executes one of (if not THE) largest conference of evangelical believers across the globe in 85 locations. It's called the Leadership Summit, it's main site hosted by Willow Creek Community Church in Barrington, IL, but satellited to 85 locations across the nation and globe. It's a HUGE operation (trust me, I used to work for their conference operations team) and generates some of the most creative thinking as it relates to the arts and...well, anything.

This video below was first played at this past year's Summit and has since generated quite a bit of (mostly positive) commotion. We, at Sunshine, have watched it many times, integrating it now into our Bridge Builders curriculm. I think it jerks more tears each time I view it. Here it is:



The frankness and transparency of this piece is refreshing and encouraging. Sometimes (well, most of the time) following Christ means grappling with more questions than answers. I'm thankful that I serve a God who can handle my questions and who meets me right where I'm at.

No comments: