Sunday, May 27, 2007

Quote of the weekend

[On the walk back from a coffee shop]

My friend, Josh: "Oh, did I tell you that my grandmother passed away?"
Me: "No. Recently?"
Josh: "Yeah, just a few days ago. I'm doing okay because I got to say my goodbyes."
Me: "Yeah. That's good."
Josh: "When it happened I text messaged everyone that knew she was sick. And a few of them said..."
Me [interrupting]: "Wait. You didn't text message me."
Josh: "I didn't? Sorry. I didn't know I'd talked about her to you."
Me [unsympathetically indignant, oops]: "Uh, yep, I talked to you the day before you went to visit her and then debriefed with you when you got back."
Josh [without skipping a beat]: "Sorry. You're my journal and just like most journals go, I forget when and what I last wrote."
[So true.]

Nice save, Josh. Thanks for the laugh. I'll try to more sympathetic in the future. :wink:

This weather could not be more glorious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: