Thursday, March 27, 2008

Stuff I Like

If you haven't yet, you must check out the comedic blog, "Stuff White People Like".

Adam Sternbergh of the New Republic said it well, "A few observers have already pointed out, rightly, that Stuff White People Like isn't about white people in general, but rather about a very specific demographic sliver of left-leaning, city-dwelling white folk--in other words, people like me. These people have previously been trapped and tagged alternately as yuppies, or Bobos, or ...Basically, they embody the uneasy marriage of urban affluence and liberal (and/or progressive, and/or alternative, and/or "indie") ideals. For example, there are plenty of white people in America who fairly obviously don't like (#15) yoga or (#46) The Sunday New York Times or (#28) not having a TV. But it's much funnier and, at least on its face, more original to say "White People" rather than "Yuppies..."

Click here to read the rest of the article.

If you aren't in a mood to feel exposed, I wouldn't click on the link. But, if you are or, if your able to see truth even in large sweeping generalizations then, click away. Your in for a laugh.

My personal favorites:
#88 Having Gay Friends
#62 Knowing What's Good for Poor People
#12 Non-Profit Organizations
#80 The Idea of Soccer

1 comment:

By Grace Alone said...

I personally like #90 Dinner Parties. I think he hit the nail on the head with this one. I am confident I don't have any John Grisham books laying around, so that adds a bit of piece of mind.