Thursday, September 20, 2007

Jefferson Street

So, it's official. The year of solo living is coming to an end. An apartment has been found!

Kim and I found a place in east Pilsen neighborhood... or west South Loop, depends on who is talking to me or who I am talking to. I would really like to gloat about this new place but, a. you would think less of me and b. I'd be more fun if you came to visit. Needless to say, it's like Kim explains, "Well, the apartment trumps the neighborhood" (or lack thereof). We have approximately 20 neighbors between the 5 buildings and 2 coach houses on our block. (This is supposing everyone is single, of course.) So, while we don't live in a neighborhood per se, we do have an auto body shop across the street, which aside from being convenient in the event of a fender-bender also provides our little "neighborhood" with Mafia history that, I believe, every true neighborhood needs. There are two coach houses. Can you say that about your street? A convenience store....Spanish is a must, however. And, easy convenience to two highways, one shopping district, one university campus, many uppity bars, and more Hispanic restaurants than anyone could want. (Or, is it Latino? In college Spanish we spent a day learning the politically correct term for such culture groups, but my merely satisfactory grade in these courses testifies to the fact some things never stuck.)

That's all for now on this topic. I'm sure with Kim, one of the "bestest" story-tellers ever, I'll have more fun and inspiration in the future. No pressure, Kim. If going gets slow, we'll start creating stories. :wink:

No comments: