Saturday, June 2, 2007

All Things Summer....

I know it's only mid-weekend, but since I am perpetually challenged to live in the present and not the past or future, this is a particularly apt time for me to write about my weekend. This weekend is (exactly) all things summer - summer in Chicago, that is. Wedding, Beach, Reading, Sun (mixed with rain), Party, Church, Brunch, Friends, Random Drives. This list has been (or will be) my weekend and likely repeat itself for the next 3 months. I wish it could repeat itself all year, but I suppose that might be asking a bit much.

Add in, of course, visits from friends (this is one of the great reasons I love living in a metropolitan center). While people may simply be coming to experience the rush of bustling city life, they play it off well that they are coming to see me. Beggars can't be choosers. And what you don't know can't hurt you. So, I choose to remain oblivious to the degree to which their visit is about me or about a Chicago vacation. In the meantime, as I await their arrival, the romantic in me loves skeming grand, low-cost adventures I can unravel once they arrive.

And, yes, the summer wouldn't be complete without the scheduled vacations thrown in the mix. I will, of course, regret spending the money on these vacation flights in 6 months when the dreariness of Chicago winter is back and I want nothing more than to have money - money to spend on an escape. But, that's 6 months from now, and I prefer to carry out a more Epicurean lifestyle.

I hope you too are livin' it up this summer.

No comments: