Wednesday, June 20, 2007

...Like I Was Saying

So, now I wish I had blogged over the weekend when I was at the pageant. My eyes were opened to a whole new culture I knew existed, but never thought I'd have the opportunity to step into. Now, that I am a few days removed from the event...I am even more overwhelmed with trying to explain all the fanfare.

So, let's just say for me...it was a bizarre event. What I walked away cherishing most was the time spent with a great friend who "gets me" and totally "sees" me, who I don't have to explain myself to, and who I can be myself around. As well as, being around a family who, like the rest of us, gets along some of the time, but whose actions of tireless shopping, cheering on, and waiting around for their sister, shows how very present they are for each other.






The family Here she comes!







She was a winner to us! Don't let Heather fool you for a minute -
she IS in a relationship. (Val :wink:)

No comments: